Hey you! Today I’ll be reviewing this face mask by Maxclinic. I got this face mask as a free sample. So when I first saw it I was quite intrigued by the “black mask” statement, so I decided to save it for a proper review. Now, let’s jump into it!
What is propolis?
- If you’re like me, I had absolutely no idea what this was, so I went and did some research to see what I was putting on my face.
- It is a resinous mixture that honey bees produce by mixing saliva and beeswax with exudate gathered from tree buds, sap flows, or other botanical sources.
What is it used for?
- So now that I know what it is, I had to find out what is it used for.
- It’s used due to its healing, antiseptic and restorative capabilities. Propolis assists in balancing, healing and soothing problematic skin. It also accelerates the rate of cell growth and decongests pores.
- It’s a deep nourishment mask providing plenty of moisture and nourishment to the skin;
- Makes the skin look beautiful.
- I found this a quite hard mask to put on. The tissue was really nice but also really fragile, making the apllication harder;
- It did feel good on the skin;
- It was a light and pleasant scent.
Overall: I do feel my skin smoother and hydrated and my pores look quite nice. However, a few minutes after taking the mask off, the high points of my face as well as my nose, chin and sides of my face (all of my face) started turning red. I was super scared and right away went exfoliate my skin and after doing this and outting some cream in it, things got better. I have quite sensitive skin, but nothing like this as ever hapenned, nothing. Would I repurchase? If it didn’t turn my face red, probably, but after my face being red, hell no!
Have you had any similar crazy experiences? NA